Here on this page, you will find a detailed explanation on how to personalize your WiFi name and password again after a factory reset has been performed on the router. Follow these steps carefully to return your router to its previous configuration:
Firstly, you must connect to the WiFi Network. The factory default WiFi name will be: ( TP-Link_XXXXX) — (or similar).
REMEMBER TO FIND THE FACTORY DEFAULT PASSWORD! The password is located on the sticker on the underside of the router.
ONCE CONNECTED TO THE WIFI NETWORK FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO CHANGE WIFI NAME AND PASSWORD:
1. Open your web browser (Internet Explorer/Chrome/ Safari etc.) and type the IP address of the router in the address bar – http://tplinklogin.net or 192.168.0.1
When prompted please enter the default username, “admin” and password “admin” to log in.
*if this does not work, please contact us for alternative password combinations.
2. From the menu on the left hand-side of the screen select “Wireless”. From the sub-menu select “Wireless Settings”.
3. To change the wireless network name, simply change “Wireless Network Name” to your new network name. Please also change the Region option to “Spain”. Click the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen to apply changes.
- IMPORTANT. WHEN YOU CLICK SAVE YOU WILL BE DISCONNECTED FROM THE WIFI NETWORK AS IN EFFECT YOU JUST CHANGED THE WIFI NAME. YOU NEED TO RECONNECT AGAIN TO THE WIFI NETWORK NAME YOU HAVE PERSONALLY CHOSEN, AND USE THE SAME PASSWORD AS PREVIOUSLY SEEN ON THE UNDERSIDE OF THE ROUTER.
Once reconnected to the WIFI, log back in to the following IP address:
4. Enter the Wireless menu again, and enter Wireless Security. Change your wireless password, by altering the “Wireless Password” field under WPA2-PSK settings. Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters. Press “Save” button at the bottom of the screen to apply changes.
YOU HAVE NOW CONFIGURED THE WIFI CORRECTLY. HOWEVER YOUR DEVICE STILL HAS THE INCORRECT PASSWORD SAVED AS IT CONNECTED BEFORE THE CHANGE, YOU MUST FORGET THE NETWORK VIA THE WIFI, AND RECONNECT, THEN YOU ARE FINISHED.